Rev. Andrew Hunter, D. D., was born December 26, 1813 in Ballywattick, Ballymoney, Antrim, Ireland. He was the son of John Hunter and Rachael Dinsmore. He was the second son of four other siblings.
He was married at York, Pennsylvania in 1844 to Anna M., a daughter of William and Leah Jones, of Welsh and German descent, and became the father of William P., Florence B., and Andrew Jones.
Dr. Hunter owned 152 acres of very fertile land on his home place, about one mile west of Collegeville, and two other tracts, one of 280, the other of 200 acres.
June 3, 1092 he died in Bryant, Saline County, Arkansas, and was buried in Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas. He was 88 years old.